An optical microscope is a common scientific instrument that can be seen in schools, laboratories, and regulatory agencies. In the current scientific research process, the optical microscope often plays a big role, but at the same time, once the optical microscope has a small problem, it may affect the entire research, so it is particularly important to maintain the microscope properly.
1. Daily maintenance
(1) Moisture proof. Optical lenses are prone to mold and fog. Mechanical parts are susceptible to rust when wet. 1 to 2 bags of silica gel should be placed in the microscope box as a desiccant.
(2) Dust-proof. Dust falling on the surface of the optical element will not only affect the passage of light, but also generate a large stain after magnification by the optical system, affecting observation. If dust and sand fall into the electric rotating platform, it will also increase the wear and tear, and cause the movement to be blocked. The harm is also great. Take care to keep the microscope clean.
(3) Anti-corrosion. The microscope must not be placed with corrosive chemicals. Such as sulfuric acid, hydrochloric acid, strong alkali, etc.
(4) Protect from heat. Avoid opening and falling of the lens caused by thermal expansion and contraction. Therefore, the microscope should be placed in a dry, cool, dust-free and non-corrosive place. After use, wipe it off immediately, cover it with a dust-proof ventilating hood, or place it in a box. When the microscope is idle, cover it with a plastic cover and store it in a dry place to prevent dust and mildew. Store the microscope objective and eyepieces in a container such as a desiccator with some desiccant.
2.Maintenance of mechanical systems
(1) Maintenance of sliding parts: Apply some neutral grease regularly
(2) Cleaning of paint and plastic surfaces: Stubborn stains can be cleaned with a soft detergent. Silicon cloth is recommended. Plastic part: Wash with a soft cloth dipped in water.
(3) Caution: Do not use organic solvents (such as alcohol, ether, thinner, etc.). It can cause damage to machinery and paint. )
3.Maintenance of optical system
Lens cleaning: After use, gently wipe the eyepiece and objective lens with a clean and soft silk cloth. Just wipe the condenser and reflector. Stubborn stains can be wiped with long-fiber absorbent cotton or a clean thin cotton cloth dipped in xylene or lens cleaning solution (3 parts of alcohol: 1 part of ether), and then wiped with a clean, soft silk cloth or blown with a blower dry.
4. Periodic inspection
In order to maintain stable performance, regular inspection and maintenance are recommended. In summary, the maintenance of the microscope is mainly to prevent dust, moisture, heat and corrosion. After use, clean and wipe in time, and regularly add neutral grease to the relevant parts. For some parts with complicated structure and precise assembly, without certain professional knowledge, certain skills and special tools, they cannot be disassembled without authorization, so as not to damage the parts.