In recent years, fiber optic lighting has sprung up, becoming a rising star in the lighting market. Due to the flexible transmission of all unique physical characteristics of the optical fiber itself, it is safe and reliable. Therefore, optical fiber lighting is widely used in industrial, scientific research, medicine, and landscape design, indoor decorative lighting, local effect lighting, billboard lighting. Sexual lighting, indoor and outdoor underwater lighting and building outline and facade lighting, and achieved good lighting effects. Optic illuminator manufacturer analyzes for you:
1 Composition of a fiber optic lighting system
Various components can be assembled into a complete fiber optic lighting system, these components include fiber optic illuminators, optical conductors, port connectors, couplers, ferrules, and lamps.
(1) Light source. The size and required illuminance of a single optical fiber generally depends on the wattage and type of the light source used.
(2) Light emitter. The device that installs the light source for the fiber optic lighting system into the housing is called the light emitter. The light emitter can be equipped with a filter lens to filter out most of the infrared (IR) and ultraviolet (UV) energy emitted by the lamp.
(3) Optical conductor. The basic materials of optical fiber photoconductors are fiber core and coating. The core is a component that transmits light. The coating is a thin material with a low refractive index. It is firmly coated on the periphery of the core. Light incident from the shallow angle of the coating is reflected back to the core.
(4) Ports and connectors. The fiber port or the total ferrule is within the range of an east fiber. The connector installed on the optical cable is used to insert it into the light emitter to maximize the light output. Use the connector to fix one fiber to the port or lamp, and align one fiber to the light emitter or couple the two fibers to each other with a coupler.
(5) Lamps and lanterns. Due to the wide variety of fiber optic lighting fixtures, most fixtures have specific applications. Downlighted lamps are generally made of plastic molded or cast aluminum and are available in a variety of design products. Manufacturers usually install a non-adjustable light transmission mirror in the lamp cover to provide several kinds of concentrated light.
2 Principles of fiber optic lighting
Optical fiber is the main device material, and Guangdong can only transmit or launch to specific places through an optical fiber. Optical fiber is divided into two kinds of end light and body light. End-lighting is to transmit light to the end-point and then illuminate it through the tail light. The body-lighting is itself a light-emitting body, forming a flexible light-emitting body. Fiber optic lighting is made up of a large number of light spots using the principle of fiber optics. The color of the light spots can be changed arbitrarily and has the advantages of no heat and no ultraviolet (UV), which is safe and power-saving.
3 Features and uses of the fiber-optic illuminator
The main characteristics of optical fiber lighting are: optical fiber transmits light, emits light, does not generate heat, and does not conduct electricity: only transmits visible light, almost does not transmit infrared light and ultraviolet light; light loss is small, light transmission is strong; flexibility is good. It is easy to process; dot and line combination, More artistic. Can do spotlight, line light, change colors at will; soft, can bend shape at will; safe. Energy-saving, environmental protection, maintenance-free; waterproof, anti-ultraviolet; long service life, a wide range of use. Application areas: interior lighting decoration of hotel theaters, night clubs, etc .; lighting, marking and decoration of swimming pools, mines, tunnels, highways, etc .; advertisements and lightboxes; lighting decoration of museums, exhibition halls, shopping malls, and other cultural relics; explosion-proof, waterproof, electricity-proof and other dangerous occasions illumination.